Additional Image Customizations and Alterations.
HOW TO USE:
- Fill out the Design Services Quote Request below
- Get my reply with your quote by email
- Return to this page and select Quoted Service Price. Add to cart.
- Go to the product with the layout you want to use this altered image with and add it to cart, too.
- Checkout with both print layout and alteration fee in your cart.
Image Customization and Alterations
There are many designer services (both free and paid) offered for each page layout in Edible Print Services section.
However, sometimes you may need even more customization options for your prints. I’m here to help!
You may ask for any alterations.
Here are some frequently requested ones:
- Remove a background from an image (isolate the main character/person and erase surrounding area) – $3 – $10 per image, price depends on complexity.
- Slice and split one image into multiple print pages to cover a larger sheet/slab cake by laying pieces next to each other on top of the cake – See a separate service for this
Image Alteration, Image Split into Multiple Pages
File Tips + Image Size Calculator
You may downoad my Full Page PDF template if you are creating the print file yourself.
If you send me your own ready to print PDF file of the right print size, I really don’t care how many images you fit onto it (example: cupcake toppers – you may fit several circles onto 1 page and send me your ready to print file).
I accept PDF, JPG or PNG files only and will NOT print from Word, PowerPoint or any other file format.
If you are familiar with creating a PDF file with images, you should be good, because this is the best file format for printing. It respects exact size and position of all design elements.
You can use any image editing software you are familiar with, downoad my Full Page PDF template with safety margins, open it in your software and place anything you want within page limits. Then save your file and upload.
|Saving your PDF without size reduction at 300 dpi resolution is best:
File → Save as → PDF
Compression: do not downsample.
If you are using Adobe Illustrator, please do not forget to do the following before you save your file:
- Select all your placed images one by one and click Embed to ensure that they will be attached to your saved file.
- If you are adding any text to your image, select all of it, choose Type→Create Outlines.
Illustrator gives you the opportunity to change text into outlines or artwork. Basically, you change the text into an object, so you can no longer edit that text by typing. The plus side is that it saves you the trouble of sending fonts to everyone who wants to use the file.